Saturday 31 January 2009

The News



The Bloke and my mates B1&B2 have known about this for a while, and B1 sent me this wonderful card from the clever people at someecards. But finally, as of yesterday, it's official. So, I'm sitting here on a Saturday morning, with the dawning realisation that I don't actually have to get all the laundry and shopping and meal-planning and gardening and tidying up done this weekend, because I don't have to go to work on Monday. I have a nice little redundancy package, and am contemplating being mortgage-free. Whee!

In other news, I have started a new blog called Frumious Thought, which I intend to update totally erratically whenever I feel like it. I am planning to keep this one up regularly, though last week has been a bit, well, busy. Stressy. Angsty.

Also hot, so who's cooking? Several cafes and restaurants, and me making salads and a spag bog, that's who. Satis' veggie salad feast, om nom nom. I have a cute picture in connection with the spag, but my camera is in the shop for a grease and oil change, so that can wait. Expect normal service to be resumed shortly.

And finally, here is something very pleasing and cheerful: a little compare and contrast exercise from the US.



1 comment:

Roving Lemon said...

Congrats/condolences, according to how you're feeling at any given moment.

I thought they were kidding about how hot Canberra gets in the summer. I guess not.

LOVE the contrast in those pics!