Wednesday 17 October 2007

Using things up

Everything I gave recipes for in my last two posts has reappeared in some form, as a quick weeknight dinner. I served the remainder of the larb heated, stirred through some bean thread noodles, and with a side of gai lan. The beer can chicken I chopped and stirred through pasta with the last of the jus, and some cauliflower, peas, dried tomatoes and provolone cheese. The kibbeh is simply reheated, and served with some roasted cauliflower sprinkled with sumac, and a tomato, parsley and fetta salad.

I'm trying to use things up, and not buy too much more food. I need to leave the fridge relatively clean for our housesitter, and it's only 8 sleeps until take-off! In case anybody who doesn't actually know me is reading this, I'm going to ride a motorcycle through Bhutan, Sikkim, Assam and Darjeeling, on a guided tour by Saffron Road. And next year I'm going to take the train from Tibet to Beijing - I paid my deposit today!

No comments: